Emergency Preparedness for Vulnerable Populations
CLICK HERE FOR CTANW'S STEP-BY-STEP TRAINING GUIDE
Community Transportation Association of the Northwest actively works to promote the inclusion of transportation for vulnerable populations in emergency preparedness planning. Our resources are designed to empower coordination and collaboration among agencies in order to ensure vulnerable populations are included in emergency preparedness plans.
OUR TOOLS ARE DESIGNED FOR USE BY:
- Offices of Emergency Management/Planning (State, County, City, Regional)
- Coalitions (Serving Specific Populations, Transportation, Others)
- Transportation Providers
- Local Law Enforcement & First Responder Agencies
- Social Service Agencies
- Community Organizations
- Advocacy Organizations
Information & Training
- Click Here for CEMP (Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans) Sample Plans.
- Basics for MOU (Memorandum of Understandings) - PDF • Doc
- Bus Mobilization Plan - PDF • Doc
- Public Transportation Emergency Response Mutual Aid Agreement - PDF • Doc
- MOU Sample 1 - PDF • Doc
- MOU Sample 2 - PDF • Doc
- MOU Sample 3 - PDF • Doc
- Panel on Best Practices - Special Needs Transportation Emergency Preparedness MOU - PDF
- Many people have service animals or pets as part of their families. Be sure to include service animals and pets as part of identifying mobility needs, considering transportation options and forming MOU’s. For more information, click here.
- 2-1-1 is a great resource to help identify social service agencies, transportation providers, and others who serve vulnerable populations.
- Confidentiality policies and agreements should be part of agreements between agencies and transportation providers.
- Have a tip you would like to share? Email it to email@example.com.