Welcome! CTANW Presents: 5th Annual Mobility Management & NW Travel Training Summit!
CTANW's 2019 Summit Committee is pleased to invite you to the 5th Annual CTANW Presents: Mobility Management & NW Travel Training Summit set for Wednesday, March 13 - Friday, March 15, 2019 at the Hood River Inn in Hood River, OR. The Summit brings together mobility management and travel training professionals from across the Northwest to share best practices, learn the latest trends and innovations in the field, and explore opportunities for professional development and peer-to-peer collaborations. This year's summit features more than twenty sessions and networking events, including idea cafes, and opportunities to connect with colleagues.
Keynote Address by Becky Steckler
Advances in emerging technologies - such as autonomous vehicles (AV's), E-commerce, and the sharing economy - are having profound effects not only on how we live, move, and spend our time in cities, but also on urban form and development itself. These new technologies are changing how people and goods move, and this has implications for the layout of communities and the places we spend our time. This presentation focuses on these themes and will drill down on some of the specific challenges and opportunities presented by new mobility services enabled by digital devices.
Special Guests: Participatory Advocacy Involving Customers & Inclusive Planning
Mobility Management and Travel Training professionals are often advocates for people with disabilities. This session focuses on ensuring that people with disabilities have a voice and space to advocate for themselves, and are engaged in and guide how advocacy on their behalf takes place. These small group discussions will be led by local youth with disabilities and graduate students from Portland State University, followed by an opportunity to share insights and lessons learned about future application with the whole group. Facilited by Amy Parker and George Sterns.
American Sign Language in Transportation
Are you planning to attend the ASL For Transit Introductory Sessions? Start practicing today!
Make the Most of Your Summit Experience!
- Bring your cards, brochures and contact information to share!
- Share your agency's team spirit! Bring a raffle item or basket to include as a door prize or in the annual raffle!
- Bring your most pressing challenges to engage with peers in problem solving solutions!
- Bring your exciting success stories, and highlight the great work in your region!
- Refresh, Rejuvenate, Have Fun, Network and Learn!
CTANW has reserved a room block at the Hood River Inn. Room rates are $105.00/night. Guests can also request a room with a river view for $139.00/night. To make your reservations, please call 1-800-828-7873. The group name is "Community Transportation Association of the Northwest." Reservations need to be made by February 20, 2019.
If you have any questions, please let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introducing the 2019 CTANW Summit Committee!
- Angie Coulter, CTANW
- Bill Baumann, Human Services Council
- Christina Cooper, Ride Connection (Committee Co-Chair)
- Christina Loomis, Intercity Transit
- Frances Rankos, Pierce Transit
- Holly Kaczmarskit, Columbia River Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Jeanette Frazier, First Transit
- Melissa Brown, Hopelink
- Ryan Acker, CTANW (Committee Co-Chair)
- Silas Rappe, TEDD
- Veronica Marti, C-TRAN